“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
If you were to die today, do you know for CERTAIN where you would go? Would you go to Heaven – or – would you go to hell?
It is important to know that Heaven and hell are real and it is also imperative for us to know that we are only on this Earth for a very, very short time.
The existence of Heaven is eternal and the existence of hell is also eternal. Therefore whilst we still are alive on Earth we must do what is necessary according to God’s grace and God’s will to ensure that we have a place reserved for us in Heaven and not in hell.
What Do You Need To Do & Know To Be Assured of A Place in Heaven?
(1) YOU MUST BE A TRUE, GENUINE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN – (John 3:3 – Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”)
Here, Jesus was responding to Nicodemus who was a Jewish ruler. Jesus clearly tells Nicodemus that only people who have been born again will “see the kingdom of God”. In other words only children of God will be assured of a place in Heaven.
(2) BECOMING BORN AGAIN MEANS THAT YOU MUST BELIEVE & RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD & SAVIOUR – (John 1:12-13 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become CHILDREN OF GOD, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.)
Being born again means that you become a child of God. You also become a new creation (read 2 Corinthians 5:17). It means that you surrender your life to God and allow Jesus to dwell inside you and become your Lord and Saviour so that you may live by Christian or Biblical values.
(3) YOU MUST BELIEVE & UNDERSTAND THAT ONLY JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE WAY TO HEAVEN – (John 14:6 – Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me”)
Do not for example think that you can be a Christian and a Buddhist at the same time. Nor can you be involved in any idolatrous or occult traditions and follow Jesus at the same time.
There is only ONE path to God and to eternal life in Heaven – and that path is Jesus Christ. Do not believe the lie that all religions lead to the same God. Only Jesus is your ticket to Heaven. Neither your pastor, your church or your parents can assure you of a place in Heaven but only Jesus can.
(4) YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE NOT SAVED BY YOUR OWN WORKS OR EFFORT, BUT YOU ARE SAVED BY JESUS & WHAT HE DID FOR YOU ON THE CROSS – (Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.)
Grace is undeserved kindness or favour. God showed us His love and kindness through His Son Jesus who died for us on the cross so that if we would believe in Him we would not perish but have everlasting life in Heaven (read John 3:16). There is nothing that we can do by our own effort and works that will earn us a place in Heaven. There is no amount of good works that we can do WITHOUT Jesus that can earn us eternal life with the Lord. However because of God’s grace through His Son Jesus, our salvation is totally FREE because of what Jesus did for us and if we only believe and receive Jesus as our personal Lord and Saviour. Jesus Himself paid for our salvation by His death on the cross and by His blood. (1 Peter 1:18-19 – knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.)
(5) YOU MUST HAVE A GENUINE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS. YOU MUST NOT LIVE A HYPOCRITICAL OR DECEPTIVE LIFESTYLE – (Matthew 7:21-23 – “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’)
We must be careful of self-deception and of living a hypocritical and disobedient lifestyle. God desires that we live an obedient lifestyle according to His values and not the values of the world or other religions. Therefore if one professes to be Christian, then he/she must live as a Christian and follow and obey the Lord. We must not deliberately live a hypocritical and disobedient lifestyle. We must allow Jesus to change our lifestyle so that we follow Him.
1 John 5:11-13
And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
1. Salvation is FREE.
2. Eternal life is available to us through Jesus.
3. We are saved by God’s grace and not by our own effort.
4. Jesus is the ONLY way by which we can be saved and receive eternal life.
5. We must have a personal one-on-one relationship with the Lord and live a Christ-like lifestyle.
HOW TO BECOME A GENUINE CHRISTIAN & RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE
If you are not a Christian, and you want to become a born-again Christian, you can do so by confessing with your mouth and believing in your heart that Jesus is Lord and that He came to save you from the power of the enemy and so that you may have an eternal everlasting relationship with Him.
Romans 10:9-10 NKJV
that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
(You can also click two of the following links below in order to have detailed information on how to become a born again Christian and what it means to become a Christian).
You can also pray the prayer below to become a born again Christian but after you have prayed the prayer below, PLEASE visit our Become A Christian link and Who You Are In Christ Jesus link in order to understand and be knowledgeable of Salvation through Christ Jesus.
PRAY THIS PRAYER TO RECEIVE JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOUR RIGHT NOW:
“Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love. I thank You that You died on the cross for me and resurrected so that I may have life through You.
I confess Lord that I have sinned against You and today I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, past present and future.
I repent of all of my sins and I ask You to cleanse me Jesus.
Thank You for forgiving my sins.
From this moment, come into my life Lord Jesus & take full control of my life. I want to follow You Jesus and I want to follow your ways. Make me the person You want me to be.
I receive You right now. I make You my Lord and Saviour from this day.
Have you accepted & believed in Jesus Christ as a result of reading this article. If so please acknowledge by clicking the “I Have Accepted Jesus Christ” button below