If many religions exist, then is it possible that there are many religious paths that can lead us to God and to heaven? Is Jesus the only way to Heaven – or have Christians taken an arrogant and intolerant view of other religions?
These are the sort of questions that have been asked many times which some people find difficult to answer or reconcile.
Also in a world where political correctness has taken precedence over divine truth and godly principles, people are forced or persuaded to compromise on the divine truth of God’s word which is able to save lives.
To answer the question of whether Jesus is the only way to heaven, we must study and understand the Person, the Uniqueness, the Teachings and the Works of Jesus Christ.
What Did Jesus Say About Himself?
- John 14:6 ESV – Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me”
- John 8:24 ESV – I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am He you will die in your sins.
- John 8:58 ESV – Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
What Did Jesus’ Disciples Say About Him?
- Acts 4:12 ESV – And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
- Romans 6:23 ESV – For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 1 Timothy 2:5-6 ESV – For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
Nobody could say or do the things that Jesus did whilst He was on the earth. Jesus made extraordinary claims and performed extraordinary deeds to prove His claims. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that what Jesus said was true – especially since He claimed to be God. Jesus is the only way to heaven and by whom we can be reconciled to God. (Colossians 1:15-20)
Why Is Jesus The Only Way?
- Unlike other religions, you cannot earn your way to Heaven. Your personal good works cannot save you if you do not have Jesus. (Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.)
- Without Jesus you are unrighteous and condemned to hell in God’s eyes. Anyone who does not accept Jesus is already condemned. (John 3:17-18 – For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.)
- Without Jesus you cannot be reconciled to God. Only Jesus reconciles us to God because Jesus paid our debt (2 Corinthians 5:18-19 – All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to Himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.)
- Only Jesus who is innocent & without sin could pay the ransom for our sins (2 Corinthians 5:21 – For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.)
- If mankind could have reached God any other way, then Jesus would not have had to die. (Luke 5:31-32 – And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.” )
- He is God who took the form of the person of Jesus Christ (John 1:1,2,14 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.)
- He resurrected from the dead (Romans 1:4 – And was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord)
- Noone else could do the signs that Jesus has done; like raise the dead; control a storm; heal every disease and sickness. Even the demons believed He was the Son of God (John 20:30-31 – Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.) (John 21:25 – Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.)
So is Jesus the only way?
YES He is. Jesus is the ONLY way.
DO YOU WANT TO BE SAVED / BECOME A CHILD OF GOD & A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST???
As mentioned above, salvation is a FREE GIFT and salvation is not received by works but it is received by FAITH in Jesus Christ. It is that simple. A person must repent & by faith accept Jesus Christ as Lord & Saviour because Jesus is the only way, the truth & the life and the only Mediator between God & man.
- ACKNOWLEDGE: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “God be merciful to me a sinner” (Luke 18:13).
You must acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you therefore need Jesus in your life.
- REPENT: “Unless you repent you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3), “Repent therefore and be converted that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19)
Repenting means: to change your mind; a sincere turning away, in heart, mind and action;
Therefore God wants you to repent of sinful values and of sinful living. God wants you to decide to follow Him and to make Jesus the Lord of your life.
- CONFESSION: “If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9)
God is a forgiving God. God will forgive any sin that you have done because Jesus died for ALL your sins and to set you free from the bondage of all types of sin in your life.
- BELIEVE:“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting” (John 3:16). “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16:16)
You must believe that ONLY Jesus can save you and restore your relationship with God. You must believe that Jesus is the ONLY way by which you can have everlasting life and escape from eternal separation from God. You must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and resurrected from the grave.
- RECEIVE:“He came to His own, and His own did not receive him, But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:11-12)
By faith, You must receive Jesus as Your Lord & Saviour and therefore; you become a child of God; you become born again; you become a Christian; you restore your broken relationship with God
Why Not Make Your Eternal Decision Now and Pray the Following Prayer?
You can say this prayer below. You’re saved by FAITH in Jesus Christ. This prayer is only an expression of your trust & belief in Jesus.
Pray this prayer to receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour right now:
“Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love. I thank You that You died on the cross for me and resurrected so that I may have life through You.
I confess Lord that I have sinned against You and today I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, past present and future.
I repent of all of my sins and I ask You to cleanse me Jesus.
Thank You for forgiving my sins.
From this moment, come into my life Lord Jesus & take full control of my life. I want to follow You Jesus and I want to follow Your ways. Save me and from today, make me the person You want me to be.
I receive You Lord Jesus right now by faith. I make You my Lord and Saviour
Have you, by faith, received & accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord & Savior because of what you have read here? If so, please let us know by clicking on the “I have accepted Jesus Christ today” button below so that we may explain this wonderful decision you have made & steps you can make to grow in the Lord.