Do Unborn Lives Matter?
Do unborn lives matter? Is abortion really justifiable? Why is abortion wrong?
- Imagine if somebody tried to kill you in your sleep. Imagine yourself being killed without the opportunity to defend yourself verbally and physically.
- Imagine that while you slept, the people who want to kill you considered your existence on this earth to be a mistake.
- Imagine while you slept, people voted & deliberated as to whether you should be put to death or not. Imagine that even while you slept the people who want you killed believed that you are a “lesser being” and therefore your personal opinion or rights regarding your existence did not matter.
- Imagine while you slept that the people who want to murder you thought that your existence was a hindrance to their own lives. Imagine that while you slept, the people who would desire to have you killed decided that they could not allow you to live another 9 months because your existence within those 9 months was unbearable for them.
- Imagine while you slept that the people who would wish you dead considered you to be less than human in order to justify the terrible thing that they are about to do to you.
Whilst unborn babies sleep inside their mother’s womb there are people who plot the abortion of their unborn children. Many mothers & fathers selfishly deliberate whether to abort their children or not. Abortion is wrong. It’s not of God not matter what the laws of a country will say. The law of God stands above the man-made laws of a nation. God has a plan for unborn babies and the act of aborting an unborn baby is a sin against God.
Jeremiah 1:4,5 says “Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
To the people who believe that abortion is okay, it’s important to conscientise them of the following:
- It’s easy to support abortion when you’re not the one being killed.
- Take the time to remember and acknowledge that your own mother did not abort you.
- Would you have preferred it if your own parent(s) had aborted you – and for your potential to be born to be taken away from you whilst not having any choice in the matter?
- If a baby is in the womb of a woman and if that baby is breathing – then is it not alive?
- If a “fetus” is not alive – then why do you have to kill it?
In certain countries a person can be fined heavily for more than $10000 or face long imprisonment for killing an endangered animal. It is illegal for example, to kill an eagle egg but yet in the same countries it is okay/legal to have an abortion of an unborn child for any reason.
God clearly reveals to us that an unborn child matters and that we as people are more important than even the birds.
Matthew 6:26 says “Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”
Are we not of more value than birds? The value of a human life is more important than any animal – yet our world has put the value & rights of an unborn animal above the value of an unborn human life.
Whilst abortionists or pro-abortion activists would disagree, the word of God clearly reveals to us that unborn lives indeed matter. God values an unborn child. The term “with child” is mentioned more than 20 times when referring to a pregnant woman. The Bible does not mention the word “fetus” at all and neither does the word of God refer to an unborn child as being inhuman until it is born.
Why Is Abortion Wrong?
- An unborn child is not a “fetus”. It is human. The DNA of an unborn child already comes from its biological mother and father. Humans produce humans. Humans do not produce a different kind of creature. This therefore makes the act of abortion an act of killing another human being.
- An unborn child is innocent and it is a creation of God. Therefore God has a plan and a purpose for that child (Jeremiah 1:4,5). To abort an unborn baby would be to interfere in the plan of God for that child.
- An unborn child is made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26,27). An unborn child is therefore of more value than an animal. Whilst animals are good and important to the earth, the value of an unborn child outweighs the value of any animal (Matthew 6:26). Animals were not made in God’s image. Humans were made in His image.
- God’s word uses the terms “child”, “son”, “daughter”, “baby”, “with child” when referring to unborn children. These terms are therefore evidence that human life is present before birth. Therefore the abortion of an unborn child is the shedding of innocent human blood.
GOD OFFERS FORGIVENESS IF YOU HAVE HAD AN ABORTION
It’s important to note that God can forgive any sin no matter how bad we think our sins are. God can forgive any person who has had an abortion.
1 John 1:9 says “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”
God is also able to help us deal with the guilt and pain of abortion. He is also able to help us to move forward. However, we must genuinely come to Him and confess and repent.
Jesus Christ paid for ALL our sins – past, present & future. To receive forgiveness and everlasting life we must accept Jesus Christ as our Lord & Saviour.
Have You Accepted Jesus Christ? Are You Born Again Christian?
If you are reading this article and have never given your life to Jesus Christ, it’s important to know that Jesus died for your sins. He took your punishment on the cross so that whoever accepts Him in faith will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).
As mentioned above, salvation is a FREE GIFT and salvation is not received by works but it is received by FAITH in Jesus Christ. It is that simple. A person must repent & by faith accept Jesus Christ as Lord & Saviour because Jesus is the only way, the truth & the life and the only Mediator between God & man.
DO YOU WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN / A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST???
1. ACKNOWLEDGE: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “God be merciful to me a sinner” (Luke 18:13).
You must acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you therefore need Jesus in your life.
2. REPENT: “Unless you repent you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3), “Repent therefore and be converted that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19)
Repenting means: to change your mind; a sincere turning away, in heart, mind and action;
Therefore God wants you to repent of sinful values and of sinful living. God wants you to decide to
follow Him and to make Jesus the Lord of your life.
3. CONFESSION: “If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9)
God is a forgiving God. God will forgive any sin that you have done because Jesus died for ALL your sins and to set you free from the bondage of all types of sin in your life.
4. BELIEVE: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting” (John 3:16). “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16:16)
You must believe that ONLY Jesus can save you and restore your relationship with God. You must believe that Jesus is the ONLY way by which you can have everlasting life and escape from eternal separation from God. You must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and resurrected from the grave.
5. RECEIVE: “He came to His own, and His own did not receive him, But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:11-12)
By faith, You must receive Jesus as Your Lord & Saviour and therefore; you become a child of God; you become born again; you become a Christian; you restore your broken relationship with God
Why not make your eternal decision now and pray the following prayer?
You can say this prayer below. This prayer is only an expression of your trust & belief in Jesus. Salvation is only through FAITH in Christ (Galatians 3:26)
If you desire to express your faith in Jesus through prayer but you’re not sure what to say, you are free to say the prayer below
“Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love. I thank You that You died on the cross for me and resurrected so that I may have life through You.
I confess Lord that I have sinned against You and today I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, past present and future.
I repent of all of my sins and I ask You to cleanse me Jesus.
Thank You for forgiving my sins.
From this moment, come into my life Lord Jesus & take full control of my life. I want to follow You Jesus and I want to follow Your ways. Save me and from today, make me the person You want me to be.
I receive You Lord Jesus right now by faith. I make You my Lord and Saviour
If you have accepted Jesus today as a result of what you have read please click the “I Have Accepted Jesus Christ Today” button