Can I Lose My Salvation?
If I sin as a Christian, can I lose my salvation? If I am struggling with various lusts & temptations will I lose eternal life? There are many people whom after accepting Jesus Christ, they begin to doubt their salvation or whether they are really born again. Some people due to various circumstances in their lives begin to wonder if they can lose their salvation or lose their position as Christians. So the question is: Can a Christian lose his salvation? Can a person who is born again lose his eternal position in the kingdom of God? The answer to these questions is simply: NO. A Christian cannot lose his salvation Here are some of the reasons why a Christian cannot lose his salvation
(1) Salvation is A Gift
Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Eternal life is a gift. You do not need to work or earn a gift. A gift is given out of the love and grace of the giver irrespective of whether the receiver deserves the gift or not. Do you ever remember giving a friend or a loved one a gift? Would you ask that person for the gift that you gave them just because you had a disagreement? Would you try to take away the gift you gave them just because you’ve been hurt? I believe the answer to these questions would be: NO. Our salvation is by God’s grace and not by our personal works (Ephesians 2:8,9). If salvation were based on our works then we would have to work or earn our salvation. However, many times the Scriptures tell us that salvation is not by our works but we receive the gift of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ and because of the work that Christ Himself did for us on the Cross.
(2) I’m A Child Of God
John 1:12-13 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
We learn in John 1:12 that those who receive & believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord & Savior will become sons and daughters of God. Therefore when a person becomes a Christian that person officially enters into the family of God. True loving family members do not disown each other. A good and loving father would never disown his own children even if they do the wrong things. In the same way, as Christians we may sometimes do the wrong things but it does not mean that we will lose our salvation on account of our wrong acts. God does not disown us as His children but rather God will chastise us or correct us a Christians if our behavior is against His word (Hebrews 12:6,7). The Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32 was always a son even though he went astray. The father did not disown his prodigal son when the son had lost his way. In the same way, God does not disown His children.
(3) What Jesus Has Started, He Will Finish
Philippians 1:6 – Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
What Jesus has begun in your life, He will finish it. Jesus is the Author and Finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). Therefore we are a work in progress and Christ is the One working in us to make us complete until the day of Jesus Christ.
(4) I Am Sealed With The Holy Spirit
Ephesians 1:13-14 – In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
The moment we become born again, we become sealed with the Holy Spirit who is our guarantee. God promises that He will never leave us nor forsake us and that we are His temple and He dwells inside of us.
(5) God Preserves Me From The Beginning
Romans 8:30 – Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
God is faithful to preserve us and keep us from the moment we are saved. God is faithful to finish and complete our process from being born again to becoming glorified where we will have perfect bodies and where sin no longer exists.
(6) I Cannot Be Snatched From God’s Hand
John 10:28-29 – And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.
Our eternal life begins from the moment we accept Jesus Christ. Nobody can remove us from the hand of God. We are eternally in the hands of God and under He’s protection from any force that would attempt to displace us from God. Therefore God will not lose us and we will not lose God and nor will we lose our salvation. If I become genuinely born again – can I lose my salvation? Certainly not!!!
DO YOU WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN / A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST???
1. ACKNOWLEDGE: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “God be merciful to me a sinner” (Luke 18:13). You must acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you therefore need Jesus in your life.
2. REPENT: “Unless you repent you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3), “Repent therefore and be converted that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19) Repenting means: to change your mind; a sincere turning away, in heart, mind and action; Therefore God wants you to repent of sinful values and of sinful living. God wants you to decide to follow Him and to make Jesus the Lord of your life.
3. CONFESSION: “If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9) God is a forgiving God. God will forgive any sin that you have done because Jesus died for ALL your sins and to set you free from the bondage of all types of sin in your life.
4. BELIEVE: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting” (John 3:16). “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16:16) You must believe that ONLY Jesus can save you and restore your relationship with God. You must believe that Jesus is the ONLY way by which you can have everlasting life and escape from eternal separation from God. You must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and resurrected from the grave. “He came to His own, and His own did not receive him, But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:11-12) By faith, You must receive Jesus as Your Lord & Saviour and therefore; you become a child of God; you become born again; you become a Christian; you restore your broken relationship with God.
Why not make your eternal decision NOW?
We become born again Christians through FAITH / TOTAL TRUST in Jesus Christ as our Lord & Saviour (Galatians 3:26)
This prayer is only an EXPRESSION of your faith, belief & trust in Jesus.
“Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love. I thank You that You died on the cross for me and resurrected so that I may have life through You. I confess Lord that I have sinned against You and today I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, past present and future. I repent of all of my sins and I ask You to cleanse me Jesus. Thank You for forgiving my sins. From this moment, come into my life Lord Jesus & take full control of my life. I want to follow You Jesus and I want to follow Your ways. Save me and from today, make me the person You want me to be. I receive You Lord Jesus right now by faith. I make You my Lord and Saviour – Amen”
Have you accepted & believed in Jesus Christ as a result of reading this article. If so please acknowledge by clicking the “I Have Accepted Jesus Christ” button below