How Do You Lead Someone To Christ?
How do you lead a person to Christ? How do you win souls for Christ? How do you evangelize or share the gospel?
The most important thing that we can ever do in the life of any non-Christian above anything else is to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.
In order to understand how to lead a person to Christ let’s first understand why it’s important for us to share the gospel with other people.
Why Must We Share The Gospel?
1. God Is Not Willing That Anyone Should Perish (2 Peter 3:9).
2. Because every soul will live forever — in either one of two places, Heaven or Hell (John 3:36).
3. We Have A Mandate To Evangelize (2 Timothy 4:5).
4. How Can People Know / Believe Unless The Gospel Is Preached (Romans 10:14-15).
5. Because there’s no other way to Heaven except by believing on Jesus Christ personally (John 14:6).
How should a soul-winner be equipped to soul win?
As a Christian you have the privilege of being used by God to help lead others to experience the miracle of salvation. When a person converts from an unbeliever to a Christian it is a great miracle. Scriptures say that “there is joy in the presence of angels of God over one sinner who repents” (Luke 15:10). Therefore every soul is important to God.
If we are to be soul-winners we must understand the following:
1) We must be led by the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8).
2) We must give the true gospel (Romans 1:16).
3) We do not convert people. Rather it is the Holy Spirit who does the convicting & converting of a person’s soul (John 16:8,9).
4) We must be studying & using the word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
We Can Lead Someone To Christ Through the Basic Truths in the Gospel Message as follows:
a) Show him/her that we are all sinners and none is righteous or good. (Romans 3:23).
b) Show him/her that the penalty for sin is death (Romans 6:23).
c) Show him/her that Christ paid the penalty for our sins (John 3:16).
d) Show him/her that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and by whom we can have a relationship with God (John 14:2-6).
e) Show him/her that salvation is a free gift and salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8,9).
f) Ask to him/her to believe & receive Christ as Saviour through faith (John 1:12).
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who wins souls is wise.