2 Timothy 2:3-4 NKJV
You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
Whether you are aware of it or not – every day you are in a battle.The devil has a plan for your life. It is to kill, steal and destroy everything that is good and Godly in your life.God has a plan for you too. It is ultimately that you may have fellowship with Him and to have eternal life through His Son Jesus.
However, God and the devil are at war over you and over your life – and you must choose a side. You can’t sit on the fence. Because the fight is MORE a spiritual battle than a physical one. The fight is not entirely between people – but the fight is between ideas, values and beliefs. The fight is between God’s values and the devil’s values. The fight is between God’s principles and the devil’s principles. The fight is between the kingdom of God and the forces of the devil. This is what is called “spiritual warfare”.
In this spiritual warfare, we need to be equipped and we need to have the qualities and the discipline of a soldier of Christ. Therefore we are required to
1. Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might (Ephesians 6:10)
2. Put on the WHOLE armor of God (Ephesians 6:10)
3. Submit to God and always draw close to God (James 4:7,8)
4. Resist the devil and he will flee from you (James 4:7)
5. Not conform to worldly standards (Romans 12:2)
6. Rejoice always (1 Thessalonians 5:16)
7. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
8. Be thankful always (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
9. Watch your thought life (Philippians 4:6-9)
10. Trust God and not lean on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5,6)
11. Meditate and apply God’s word (2 Timothy 3:16)
12. Apply the blood of Jesus (Revelations 12:11)
13. Love God and love your neighbor (Matthew 22:37-40)
14. Let God fight the battle (Exodus 14:14)
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NKJV
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
You are not going to win a spiritual battle with your own intellect or with your own strength and effort. You will win it when you involve God and you use the equipment that God has given you.
TODAY. Have the qualities of a soldier of Christ. Equip yourself EVERYDAY for the battle.