Ephesians 6:15 NKJV
And having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
What are the sandals of the gospel of peace? Every soldier needs the proper shoes when he goes into battle. Shoes are a very important part of the armor of God and without shoes one can find it difficult to step on difficult terrain. When you are barefoot you might step on sharp, rough, hot and uncomfortable ground which would make your mobility uncomfortable and strenuous. It’s a bit like the journey of life.
So what are the sandals of the preparation of the gospel of peace all about? I believe the following:
- Peace is a very important factor when you are fighting a spiritual battle. You need to continually be walking in the peace of God even in the midst of a storm or battle. Jesus said “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”(John 16:33).
- When you are wearing the sandals of the preparation of the gospel of peace, you have the duty of introducing others to the peace that is only found in Jesus. Wherever you go, you also have the duty of spreading the gospel of Christ so that people may be saved. (John 20:21 says “So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”) You cannot be effective for Christ and in spreading the gospel if you do not have the peace of Christ in you.
- Peace through God will help crush the devil under your feet. Romans 16:20 says “And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly”.
How then do you therefore shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace?
- You must not be anxious about anything, but you must pray about everything (Philippians 4:6)
- You must think good thoughts so that peace may guard you heart and mind (Philippians 4:7-9)
- You must give complete trust to God and not lean on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5,6)
- You must remember that the battle belongs to the Lord. It is not your battle. Let God fight for you. (Exodus 14:14)
Exodus 14:14 NKJV
The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.
TODAY. Put on the sandals of the preparation of the gospel of peace.