The Bible is clear that the enemy of mankind is Satan and his army of demons. The Bible says in Ephesians 6:12 that we do not fight against flesh and blood, but we fight against spiritual forces of darkness.
Therefore our enemy is a spiritual entity and that enemy is ultimately Satan. He is not only at enmity with mankind but the devil is ultimately the enemy of God and anything that God loves.
It’s important for every Christian to understand that whenever we fight in a battle, it is necessary to understand who your enemy is and the characteristics of that particular enemy.
Some people live their life as if the devil is equal to God. However, Satan has limitations.
Here are 5 Things That You Should Know About Satan’s Limitations
1. Satan cannot force you to sin. The devil cannot make you sin against your own will. The devil can tempt you; he can persuade you; he can seduce you – but ultimately the devil cannot force you.
We are all personally responsible for our actions. We can never say: “The devil made me do it!”
In Genesis 3:1-24 when Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan, the devil did not force them into eating the forbidden fruit. Adam and Eve used their own freewill and chose to obey Satan’s temptations instead of obeying God’s commandment.
In James 1:14-15 it says that “each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it is conceived gives birth to sin…”
2. Satan is a created being. The fact that the devil is a created being – it means that he is not equal to God. The devil is a created being who rebelled against God because according to Isaiah 14:12-15, Satan wanted to become like God.
Therefore instead of the created honoring and submitting to the Creator, the created being wanted to overthrow his own Creator. Since the devil is created, it also means that he is not all-powerful.
3. Satan is not all-knowing. Some have wondered if the devil can read people’s minds. No he cannot read people’s mind. Only God can read our minds and only God can truly know everything that is in our hearts. The Bible says that God knows how many hairs we have on our head (Matthew 10:30) and He knows our thoughts and words before we even speak (Psalms 139:4).
The devil does not know how many hairs we have on our head and nor does he know our thoughts before we speak. Therefore he is not equal to God in relation to knowledge.
The closest the devil can do is to read our countenance, our mood, our behavior, our reactions but he cannot read our thoughts.
4. Satan is not omnipresent. This means that unlike God, the devil cannot be everywhere at the same time. God is not bound by space, matter and time. Therefore God can be in the past, present, future and everywhere else all at the same time.
The devil does not have this ability. The devil is a created being and therefore just like humans, the devil is limited to being at one place at a time.
God said to him, “From where do you come?” (Job 1:7). Satan answered, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.”
5. Satan is a defeated enemy. The devil was defeated by Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary. The ultimate fate of the devil according to Revelations 20:10 is that the devil will be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone.
The Christian believer has authority over the devil through Jesus Christ according to Luke 10:19. When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we become a new creation and we become more than conquerors in Christ (Romans 8:37).
The devil does not have any ability to break our union with God because of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
In your personal life – where do you stand in your spiritual life? Do you live as a person who does not know Christ and is easily influenced by the devil?
If you are that type of person – the only way to overcome the devil is through allowing Jesus Christ to become your Lord and Savior. Only Christ can make you a new creation and begin the process of sanctifying you into His image.
DO YOU WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN or A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST???
1. ACKNOWLEDGE: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
This means that we have all broken God’s laws and God’s 10 Commandments like those mentioned in Exodus 20:1-17. For example, if you have told a lie; if you have stolen something; if you have lusted after somebody or if you have coveted. This means you are guilty of breaking at least one or more of God’s 10 Commandments. Breaking God’s commandments makes us sinners. The fact that we are sinners who have broken God’s law means that we are accountable to God who is the Lawgiver. Romans 6:23 says that “the wages of sin is death BUT the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord”
You must acknowledge that you are a sinner who has broken God’s commandments and that you therefore need Jesus in your life.
2. REPENT: “Unless you repent you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3), “Repent therefore and be converted that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19)
Repenting means: to change your mind; a sincere turning away, in heart, mind and action;
Therefore God wants you to repent of sinful values and of sinful living. God wants you to decide to
follow Him and to make Jesus the Lord of your life.
3. CONFESSION: “If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9)
God is a forgiving God. God will forgive any sin that you have done because Jesus died for ALL your sins and to set you free from the bondage of all types of sin in your life.
4. BELIEVE: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
You must believe that ONLY Jesus can save you and restore your relationship with God. You must believe that Jesus is the ONLY way by which you can have everlasting life and escape from eternal separation from God. You must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and resurrected from the grave.
“He came to His own, and His own did not receive him, But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:11-12)
By faith, You must receive Jesus as Your Lord & Savior and therefore; you become a child of God; you become born again; you become a Christian; you restore your broken relationship with God
Why Not Make Your Eternal Decision NOW?
We become born again Christians by GRACE through FAITH or TOTAL TRUST in Jesus Christ as our Lord & Savior (Galatians 3:26) & (Ephesians 2:8,9). Salvation is a FREE gift received through FAITH in Christ.
PLEASE NOTE: You can choose to pray in your own words. This prayer is a sample prayer and it is only an EXPRESSION of your faith, belief & trust in Jesus. Salvation is by GRACE through FAITH or BELIEVING in Christ Jesus as your Lord & Saviour.
“Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love. I thank You that You died on the cross for me and resurrected so that I may have life through You.
I confess Lord that I have sinned against You and today I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, past present and future.
I repent of all of my sins and I ask You to cleanse me Jesus.
Thank You for forgiving my sins.
From this moment, come into my life Lord Jesus & take full control of my life. I want to follow You Jesus and I want to follow Your ways. Save me and from today, make me the person You want me to be.
I receive You Lord Jesus right now by faith. I trust You as my Lord and Savior – Amen”
Have you accepted & believed in Jesus Christ as a result of reading this article? If so please acknowledge by clicking the “I Have Accepted Jesus Christ” button below