How Can I Find Peace In My Life?
Galatians 5:22 NKJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is … peace …
How can i find peace in my life? Have you ever asked yourself this question? We live in a world full of strife, disagreements, lack of rest and lots of stress. It seems difficult in the midst of our circumstances to find peace.
However, what is peace? How do we find peace? The world may define peace as the absence of war; or as the absence of problems.
However, how does God define peace in a fallen world such as ours?
Peace, from a biblical perspective is a state of rest in the Lord; it is when you are in a state of calm and assurance that everything is under God’s control despite the physical and environmental circumstances.
The Greek word for Peace is “eirene”, which expresses the idea of calmness, completeness, or tranquillity in the soul that is unaffected by the outward circumstances. The word eirene strongly suggests the rule of order in place of outward chaos.
John 14:27-28 NKJV
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
The peace that Christ gives in this world is not the absence of problems. Jesus does not promise us that our problems on this earth will seize.
However, He does promise that if we yield to the Holy Spirit and if we rely on Him, we will have peace even in the midst of our circumstances.
The peace that comes from the Holy Spirit is different from the worldly peace and God’s peace has the following attributes
1. This peace can only be provided by God and by nobody else
2. This peace continues to exist inwardly in the midst of outward chaos
3. This peace surpasses all understanding and calms the mind and thoughts of a person
4. This peace rests completely in God and trusts and believes that God is in complete control of any and every situation.
5. This peace will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
According to God’s word, the peace that the Holy Spirit provides can only come by PRACTICALLY doing the following:
1. Do not be anxious about ANYTHING
2. Pray about EVERYTHING and let God know what is on your heart and mind
3. Be THANKFUL to God even in the midst of the chaos
4. Let God know ALL your REQUESTS
5. Completely TRUST and have FAITH in God that He will guide you through
6. Set your mind on good and righteous thoughts. Do NOT continue to focus on your problems.
Philippians 4:8-9 NKJV
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy — meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
Don’t meditate on your problems any longer. Whenever you focus your mind and thoughts on Godly thoughts and things, you will find that your perspective will begin to change. Focusing or meditating on Godly positive thoughts will lead you to a state of inward peace.
How can i find peace? TODAY. Receive the PEACE that comes from the Holy Spirit.
How Can I Obtain This Kind Of Peace In My Life?
In order to find this kind of peace in your life, you must become born again; you must become a Christian.
A person cannot have true peace without having Jesus in his or her life.
Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace and the Source of peace (Isaiah 9:6).
True peace begins when I become a born again Christian.
DO YOU WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN or A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST TODAY?
1. ACKNOWLEDGE: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “God be merciful to me a sinner” (Luke 18:13).
You must acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you therefore need Jesus in your life.
2. REPENT: “Unless you repent you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3), “Repent therefore and be converted that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19)
Repenting means: to change your mind; a sincere turning away, in heart, mind and action;
Therefore God wants you to repent of sinful values and of sinful living. God wants you to decide to
follow Him and to make Jesus the Lord of your life.
3. CONFESSION: “If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9)
God is a forgiving God. God will forgive any sin that you have done because Jesus died for ALL your sins and to set you free from the bondage of all types of sin in your life.
4. BELIEVE: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16:16)
You must believe that ONLY Jesus can save you and restore your relationship with God. You must believe that Jesus is the ONLY way by which you can have everlasting life and escape from eternal separation from God. You must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and resurrected from the grave.
“He came to His own, and His own did not receive him, But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:11-12)
By faith, You must receive Jesus as Your Lord & Savior and therefore; you become a child of God; you become born again; you become a Christian; you restore your broken relationship with God
Why not make your eternal decision NOW?
We become born again Christians through FAITH or TOTAL TRUST in Jesus Christ as our Lord & Savior (Galatians 3:26)
This prayer is only an EXPRESSION of your faith, belief & trust in Jesus.
“Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love. I thank You that You died on the cross for me and resurrected so that I may have life through You.
I confess Lord that I have sinned against You and today I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, past present and future.
I repent of all of my sins and I ask You to cleanse me Jesus.
Thank You for forgiving my sins.
From this moment, come into my life Lord Jesus & take full control of my life. I want to follow You Jesus and I want to follow Your ways. Save me and from today, make me the person You want me to be.
I receive You Lord Jesus right now by faith. I make You my Lord and Savior – Amen”
Have you accepted & believed in Jesus Christ as a result of reading this article. If so please acknowledge by clicking the “I Have Accepted Jesus Christ” button below