FAITHFULNESS – Fruit of the Spirit
How committed are you to what you believe in? Are you steadfast and firm in the word of God?
Are you committed your relationships?
Faithfulness requires that we be committed. It is part of God’s quality and character and the Lord desires that His children be committed and faithful to Him and to His word.
2 Timothy 2:13 NKJV
If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
Even when we don’t have faith in God or in His word, God will always remain faithful to His teachings and to His principles. Whatever God promises do to – He WILL do it. God does not change. His word does not return to Him void.
However, being faithful and committed is not always easy. Nevertheless God desires that we be faithful.
Therefore what are some of the attributes of one who walks in faithfulness to the things of God?
- Recognize that it’s not all about you. Realize that you serve a higher purpose and a higher Being than just yourself. Therefore when you make a decision to follow God, be committed to God. (Matthew 16:24-25 : Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me”)
- God must be the author of your life and of your faith. You must also fix your eyes on the Lord (Hebrews 12:2 : Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.)
- We must know who our rewarder is. When we keep the faith or remain faithful, God is the one who rewards us ultimately. Not man. (Hebrews 11:6 : But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him).
- You must always realize that God is faithful to keep His promises. (Hebrews 11:11-12 : By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised.)
- Be faithful even in the LITTLE things. (Matthew 25:21 : His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord”)
- Be faithful with other people’s property. (Luke 16:10-12 : He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?)
- Be led by the Holy Spirit, because faithfulness is a fruit of the Spirit.
TODAY. Allow the Holy Spirit to help you to continually be faithful.