Are You Stressed and Weary?
Matthew 11:28 NKJV
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
It is said that 75% of people experience symptoms related to stress in a given month. It is also said that money and work are the leading causes of stress and that these symptoms are both physical and psychological.
Physical symptoms of stress include:
fatigue; headache; upset stomach; muscle tension; change in appetite; teeth grinding; change in sex drive; feeling dizzy; lack of proper sleep
Psychological effects of stress include:
– experiencing irritability or anger
– feeling nervous
– lack of energy
– feeling as though you could cry
It is normal that the mind and body should need rest. We all need mechanisms in our lives that enable us to cope with stress, work and the challenges that we encounter in life.
Jesus offers a solution for those who need rest and peace. Jesus says “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
To those of us who labor; who are heavy laden; to carry too many burdens
1. Jesus invites and urges us to come to Him
2. Jesus promises that when we come to Him with our burdens, He will give us rest.
Jesus is the answer to our physical and psychological issues in life. Too often when we have a problem and are stressed, we think of trying to solve issues with our own strength and willpower. However, Jesus wants us to give our burdens to Him and He wants us to come to Him so that He can give us the rest and peace that we need.
Matthew 11:29-30 NKJV
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
• When we are yoked with Christ, our burdens, our labor are no longer heavy, because we have Jesus to help us to overcome the stress and issues of life
• Jesus wants us to learn from Him. Jesus wants to teach us how to cope with the stress and issues of life so that we are not negatively affected physically, psychologically and spiritually.
• Jesus says that when we learn from Him, we will find rest for our souls. Therefore through Jesus we will also find rest for our mind and emotions when we give to Jesus our burdens.
TODAY. Are you weary? Come to Jesus. He will give you rest.