John 10:11 NKJV
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”
Our relationship with Jesus is such that He is the Good Shepherd and we as Christians are the sheep.
Without Jesus, we lack direction and protection in our lives. Whether as an individual, a family, or a church, we all need a Shepherd to lead and guide us so that we walk the right path and so that we are protected from the wolves in society.
Therefore Jesus called Himself the Good Shepherd because of the following reasons
- A good shepherd will risk his life against all opposition for his sheep. As a Shepherd, Jesus is dedicated to His sheep to the point that He gave His life. (John 10:11 – “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”)
- Unlike a hireling, a good shepherd cares for His sheep. He is one who protects, guides and watches over the sheep. Likewise Jesus protects, guides and watches over us. (John 10:12-13 – But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep.)
- A good shepherd knows and recognizes his own sheep. Jesus as the Good Shepherd intimately knows His own sheep. He is able to tell the difference between the real sheep and the impostors or hypocrites. (John 10:14 – I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep…)
- A good shepherd is recognized by his own sheep. When the shepherd speaks, his sheep will recognize his voice and they will not follow another voice except for their shepherd. In the same way, when Jesus the Good Shepherd speaks, His voice is recognized by His people. Many wolves in sheep’s clothing will try to imitate the Good Shepherd, but they will fail to sway His sheep because His sheep intimately know and follow the voice of the Lord. (John 10:27 – My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.)
- A good shepherd searches for the lost sheep. Whenever his sheep stray away from the flock, a good shepherd will look for that sheep until he finds it – even if it is only one sheep that is lost. Jesus as the Good Shepherd is able to find us whenever we stray. (Luke 15:4-5 – “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.)
John 10:16 NKJV
And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
All Christians around the world, whether black, white, tall, short, or no matter what background have One Good Shepherd and His name is Jesus.
TODAY. Learn the qualities of the Good Shepherd.
Are you part of the sheepfold of Jesus Christ? Would you desire to be shepherded by Jesus?
DO YOU WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN or A FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST???
1. ACKNOWLEDGE: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “God be merciful to me a sinner” (Luke 18:13).
You must acknowledge that you are a sinner and that you therefore need Jesus in your life.
2. REPENT: “Unless you repent you will all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3), “Repent therefore and be converted that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19)
Repenting means: to change your mind; a sincere turning away, in heart, mind and action;
Therefore God wants you to repent of sinful values and of sinful living. God wants you to decide to
follow Him and to make Jesus the Lord of your life.
3. CONFESSION: “If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9)
God is a forgiving God. God will forgive any sin that you have done because Jesus died for ALL your sins and to set you free from the bondage of all types of sin in your life.
4. BELIEVE: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
You must believe that ONLY Jesus can save you and restore your relationship with God. You must believe that Jesus is the ONLY way by which you can have everlasting life and escape from eternal separation from God. You must believe that Jesus died on the cross for you and resurrected from the grave.
“He came to His own, and His own did not receive him, But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name” (John 1:11-12)
By faith, You must receive Jesus as Your Lord & Savior and therefore; you become a child of God; you become born again; you become a Christian; you restore your broken relationship with God
Why Not Make Your Eternal Decision NOW?
We become born again Christians by GRACE through FAITH or TOTAL TRUST in Jesus Christ as our Lord & Savior (Galatians 3:26) & (Ephesians 2:8,9). Salvation is a FREE gift received through FAITH in Christ.
PLEASE NOTE: You can choose to pray in your own words. This prayer is a sample prayer and it is only an EXPRESSION of your faith, belief & trust in Jesus. Salvation is by GRACE through FAITH or BELIEVING in Christ Jesus as your Lord & Saviour.
“Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love. I thank You that You died on the cross for me and resurrected so that I may have life through You.
I confess Lord that I have sinned against You and today I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, past present and future.
I repent of all of my sins and I ask You to cleanse me Jesus.
Thank You for forgiving my sins.
From this moment, come into my life Lord Jesus & take full control of my life. I want to follow You Jesus and I want to follow Your ways. Save me and from today, make me the person You want me to be.
I receive You Lord Jesus right now by faith. I trust You as my Lord and Savior – Amen”
Have you accepted & believed in Jesus Christ as a result of reading this article. If so please acknowledge by clicking the “I Have Accepted Jesus Christ” button below