Our Father … Forgive Us Our Sins
We all know that nobody is perfect. Only God is perfect.
Therefore we are all capable of making mistakes and of sinning against God. After all, it is because of sin that Jesus became the perfect sacrifice so that through Him, we may overcome sin and have a personal relationship with God.
Whenever we pray, Jesus taught us that we should ask God to forgive us of our sins. Whenever we don’t confess our sins to God, we will swell up with pride and become conceited. However when we confess our sins to God whenever we sin, we are always reminded and humbled that we need God and only God through His Son Jesus is able to cleanse us from all sin.
Therefore regarding God’s forgiveness we must understand the following when we pray and confess:-
- If we confess our sins, God is just to forgive us (If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9-10 NKJV)
- If we do not confess our sins and if we do not admit our sins, we presume to make God a liar (If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:10 NKJV)
- God will not remember not recall our sins in Christ when we genuinely confess and ask for His forgiveness (As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12 NKJV)
- There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. You do not need to continue feeling guilty after you have confessed your sins (There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1 NKJV)
- When God forgives you, then you become thoroughly cleansed (“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18 NKJV)
- God’s love for us compels Him to forgive. Love is the reason why Jesus came – so that we may not be condemned, but so that we may be forgiven. (For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17 NKJV)
- If we want God to forgive us, then we too must also forgive other people who have wronged us. (Matthew 6:14-15 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”)
TODAY. Remember whenever you sin, remember to confess to God and He will always forgive you.