God’s View on Abortion
What does the Bible say in regards to the issue of abortion? Should a person have the “right” to abort an unborn child? What about the rights of the unborn child? Does the unborn child have a say?
To those of you who support abortion – be honest with yourself– would you have preferred it if your parent(s) had aborted you? Would you prefer to not have existed at all? Would you prefer that your life had been taken away from you and not have any choice in the matter?
Jeremiah 1:4-5 NKJV
Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
The term “with child” is mentioned more than 20 times when referring to a pregnant woman. The Bible does not mention the word “fetus” at all and neither does the word of God refer to an unborn child as being inhuman until it is born.
In God’s eyes, an unborn child is a person and not a “fetus”.
- Ultimately abortion is an act and a plan that is straight from the devil because Satan seeks to kill, steal and destroy anything that is a creation of God (John 10:10).
- Every person including an unborn child is created by God with a plan and a purpose. Abortion seeks to destroy and abort the plans that God has for an unborn child. If God allows a child to be conceived, then He clearly has a plan for that child. Aborting a child is aborting God’s plan and purpose for that child.(Jeremiah 1:4,5)
- Abortion involves the shedding of innocent blood. An unborn child has not committed any crime or sin. An unborn child is innocent. (Proverbs 16:16,17)
- Abortion promotes the message that human life is not valuable. People put a lot of value on animal rights and animal life? What about the value of an unborn child? When God made man, He made man in His own image. God even breathed into man. God places great value on human life because He created human life. (Genesis 1:26-28)
- God’s word uses the terms “child”, “son”, “daughter”, “baby”, “with child” when referring to unborn children. These terms are therefore evidence that human life is present before birth.
- The Bible does not speak of “fetus” nor does God make the distinction to describe an unborn child as being inhuman at any stage whilst in the mother’s womb.
Abortion is an act of murder. It is the destruction of human life. It is wrong in the eyes of God and God does not allow it under any circumstance. Abortion is the shedding of innocent blood.
God Offers Forgiveness
If anybody has aborted a baby, God offers forgiveness through the blood of Jesus Christ. If we confess our sins – God is just and faithful to forgive us. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. No matter how big your sin is – Jesus died so that you may be forgiven.
1 John 1:9 NKJV
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.